Monday 2 October 2017

Pumpkins

My son Colin in 2007

This is my first project using the gorgeous September Scraps of Elegance Kit, "Falling Leaves".

I used the Main Kit,  Coordinating Paper Add-on,  Chipboard Add-onFloral Add-on and the Elements Add-on.

Main Kit


Coordinating Paper Add-on


Chipboard Add-on


Floral Add-on


Elements Add-on



I started with the beautiful "Pumpkin Season" paper from Prima's Amber Moon collection, included in the Coordinating Paper Add-on as the background.


I cut a strip of paper from the "Into the Woods" paper (Main Kit) and punched the edges with a stitch pattern punch, layering this over a strip of black cardstock to make the pattern more noticeable. I then glued this onto the background and applied the orange polka dot washi tape from the Elements Add-on along the sides.  I added some more washi tape strips on the right side of the layout,
horizontally.





I also used a floral edge punch with the "Into the Woods" paper to make decorative strips for the left, upper and lower edges of the layout and for some die-cuts.  More die-cuts were made with the "Autumn Sunset" paper from the Main Kit.  I used some green paper from my stash for the leaves.






These are the dies and punches I used:


Spellbinders
Postage Stamps
Spellbinders
Astoria Decorative Elements
Cheery Lynn Designs
Flourish #13
EK Success
Pointed Flower
Fiskars
In Stitches




I painted the chipboard pumpkins and applied a brown wash overtop to grunge them up a bit and give them some dimension.  I also added a bit of orange embossing powder to the pumpkins.





The buttons and small orange roses were from my stash.  The rest of the flowers were from the Floral Add-on.





To finish, I added a couple of stickers from the Main Kit, a butterfly from the ephemera in the Elements Add-on and brushed a bit of white paint on the edges of a few of the flowers to add some more dimension.



Thank you so much for taking a look today!



4 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! This is exceptionally impressive! What a perfectly adorable photo to use with this kit! Love the whole design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy! Very Pretty! Love the Fall detail and what you do with this Kit, every time. So very nice that they have you to make their Kits come alive. You're a winner!! Cute little guy too! Denise

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.