Wednesday 16 August 2017

Goggles

My niece, Meghan, in 2011


For this layout of my niece, I used the Kaisercraft Lilac Whisper papers from the Scraps of Elegance July kit, "Country Chic".  I used the Main Kit , Coordinating Paper Add-on and the Floral Add-on.

Main Kit

Coordinating Paper Add-on

Floral Add-on



I started with the Kaisercraft Whisper Neutral paper from the Main Kit and ripped off the top and bottom, then layered it over strips of the Mist paper.  I used the rest of the Mist paper to die-cut a large decorative circle and the Hydrangea paper from the Coordinating Paper Add-on to cut some small doilies.  I tucked some notecards from the Main Kit under either side of the large circle and matted the photo with the gingham paper that was also included in the Main Kit.




The large white doilies and the teal rectangles framing the photo were cut from cardstock from my stash. As I usually do, I layered each die-cut over a dark cardstock copy and offset them slightly to accentuate the edges.  I inked around the edges of most of the die-cuts and papers with Aquamarine chalk ink.

These are the dies I used:

Spellbinders
Romantic Rectangles
Cheery Lynn Designs
Ambergris Tiny Doily
Spellbinders
Grand Decorative Circles One
Cheery Lynn Designs
Ambergris Doily


The chipboard pieces were from my stash.  I painted the border pieces teal and while the paint was still wet, lightly dabbed in some white paint to make the colour look less flat.  For the leaf flourishes, I embossed them with Ranger Antiquities Verdigris embossing powder and applied a bit of Aquamarine chalk ink.





These are the chipboard pieces I used:


Dusty Attic
Fancy Trim #7

Dusty Attic
Swirly Vines #3


The larger flowers by 49 and Market were from my stash.  The medium and small roses and the small white flowers were from the Main Kit and Floral Add-on.






Thank you so much for taking a look today!




2 comments:

  1. Great job coordinating all of the different greens! That's a hard thing to do....combine various tones of green (or red). The flowers & paper look great with the cute photo!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.