Saturday, 5 August 2017

At Papa's Cottage

My siblings, Lori and Glenn, in 1962



For this layout I used another piece of 7 Dots Studio paper from their Dreamscapes collection. Thanks again to my friend Sue for drawing my attention to this paper.


7 Dots Studio
Dreamscapes - Under the Covers


I did some punching and slight inking around the edges but otherwise left the background untouched as I loved the beautiful texture exactly as it was.



These are the dies and punch I used:


My Favorite Things
Mini Delicate Doilies
Spellbinders
Romantic Rectangle

EK Success
Round Binding Edge
Sizzix - Tim Holtz
Autumn Gatherings



I inked around the edges and drew veins on the leaves.  I also used a ball stylus to curl the edges of the leaves to make them look more natural.






These are the chipboard pieces I used:


Creative Embellishments
Flourish Set 1
Blue Fern Studios
Tattered Diamond Bits



I embossed the Flourish Set with Stampendous Aged Spice embossing enamel and inked around the edges in dark brown.





I applied heavy gesso to the Tattered Diamond Bits then inked around the edges and randomly overtop with black and reddish brown inks.






The rabbit was made with a mold and painted.


First Impressions Molds
Mini Easter Set





Thank you so much for taking a look today!





4 comments:

  1. Perfect paper for this beautiful Fall layout! Drawing the leaf veins really make them pop! And the clay rabbit is as adorable as the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours and details look wonderful. Thank you for pointing me out as an enabler once again. You are welcome, anytime! Not as though you haven't suckered me into more than a few dies my dear friend! lol

    ReplyDelete