Friday 28 July 2017

The Perfect Day

This is my second project for Scraps of Elegance with their June Kit, "Birds of a Feather".  I used the Main Kit, the Elements Add-on and the Floral Add-on.

Me and my husband with our two boys in 2012

Main Kit

Elements Add-on

Floral Add-on

I started with the beautiful "Flight" paper from BoBunny's Serendipity collection (included in the main kit).  I cut a piece of fishing net from my stash, glued it to the paper and added the die-cuts to the background.  The doily die-cuts were made from cream cardstock and the brown leaves from kraft paper in my stash.  The rectangular die-cuts were cut from the Serendipity "Love" paper included in the kit while the green leaves were made from BoBunnny's "Delightful" paper from their Aryia's Garden collection (also included in the kit).  I layered the large die-cuts over a dark version, offsetting them slightly to accentuate the edges and traced around the green leaves and along the veins to make them stand out more.

These are the dies I used:

Spellbinders
Romantic Rectangles
Cheery Lynn Designs
Spring Flower Burst Doilly
Tattered Lace
Meadow Leaves
Cheery Lynn Designs
Flourish #13


The chipboard border under the photo was from my stash.  I coated it with heavy gesso and then rubbed it with Distress Ink, Mermaid Lagoon which is included in the kit.

Dusty Attic
Fancy Trim #2





I then applied the other embellishments, all from the kit.  I particularly liked the little glass bottles that I filled with sand, Prills and some small pebbles.




I finished by adding random blobs of sand-gold structure paste from my stash around the layout and pressed in some iridescent blue bubbles by Queen & Co. from the kit.




Thank you so much for taking a look!



2 comments:

  1. Oh I just LOVE seeing the little details up close! LOVE those precious little bottles that you filled...they are quite 'magical'! Love the fish net that really accentuates the whole theme. Very attractive layout!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.