Thursday 27 July 2017

Big Sister

This is my first ever project for Scraps of Elegance using the June kit, Birds of a Feather.  I used the Main Kit as well as the Floral and Elements add-ons.  The main kit features paper from BoBunny's Serendipity collection.  I think it goes perfectly with this old photo of my husband's grandmother and two of her younger siblings.


My husband's grandmother with her younger siblings


Main Kit


 Elements Add-on

Floral Add-on


I used the back of the Serendipity Treetops paper from the main kit as the background, distressed the edges and glued it onto the striped Life paper.



On the background I did some stenciling with molding paste and misted and splattered with a pink spray.  I then used grey ink with the 49 and Market stamp, "Script Squared", from the kit on the background.

Prima stencil
Floral Petites


49 and Market - Gabrielle Pollaco
Script Squared stamp





I used the Serendipity Branches paper from the kit for the die-cut frame, layering it over a dark brown copy and offsetting it slightly to accentuate the edges.

Spellbinders die
Romantic Rectangles Two






The larger flowers are from the Floral Add-on, the chipboard nest from the Elements Add-on and the mini butterflies, die-cut flowers and bird houses from the Main Kit.  The daisies and the lace were from my stash.






Thank you so much for taking a look today!






4 comments:

  1. Yes, you are right - this kit is perfect for this photo! Love the arrangement of printed chipboard & flowers. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serendipity is one of my favorite collections of the summer, and you have created such beauty with it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.