Friday, 21 July 2017

Unknown Ancestors



The photo I used in this layout was among some old family photographs but had no names written on the back. I think it might be my great-great grandparents with two of their younger daughters because I notice a resemblance to my great-grandfather.


For this layout I used a variety of old papers from my stash.  The background paper was from Prima's Lucid collection and some of the die-cuts were cut from Lilac House papers by Fancy Pants Designs.



These are the punches and dies I used:
Martha Stewart Punch
Wild Flowers
Martha Stewart Punch
Cherish
Spellbinders
Decorative Labels Eight
Cheery Lynn Designs
Canadian Kaleidoscope Tiny Doily




These are the chipboard pieces I used:


Dusty Attic
Ornate Corner #11
Dusty Attic
Corner Flourish #1
2Crafty
Parisian Border



I painted the Parisian Border and Ornate Corner dark brown and then dabbed on Prima Finnabair Patina Pastes sparingly with a brush.  I also rubbed a hint of white paint overtop with my fingertip.








I painted the Corner Flourish white and then applied Renaissance Viva Decor Crackle paint.






The clay piece below the photo was made with a mold and Sculpey Ultra Light.  I applied Prima Finnabair Patina Pastes thickly with a brush and then rubbed over the raised areas with Vintage Silk Opal Magic wax using my finger.

Prima - Iron Orchid Designs
Trifles






Thank you so much for taking a look!




Wednesday, 19 July 2017

Party Dress

My sister Linda in 1965

I'm very pleased to present this third layout for Blue Fern Studios as their "Fan of the Month" for July.

I used their In Bloom paper from their Garden Life collection for the backbround and some cream coloured cardstock for the doily die-cuts.


Blue Fern Studios
Garden Life - In Bloom



These are the dies I used:


Cheery Lynn Designs
Italian Flourish Doily
Cheery Lynn Designs
Flourish #13




These are the chipboard pieces I used:


Blue Fern Studios
Flutter Medley
Blue Fern Studios
Bohemian Flowers


I heat-embossed the Flutter Medley with Peeled Paint Distress Embossing Powder and rubbed some white paint overtop.  I didn't like the contrast that created so I did a wash of watery white paint overtop to tone it down.  I applied Scattered Straw Distress Stickles to the butterflies.  When that was dry I squeezed some white glue on the interior portions of the wings and sprinkled it with Sunlight Rose Imagine Ink Embossing Powder before heat setting it.  

Sunlight Rose




The Bohemian Flowers were painted white and embossed with Baby Pink Imagine Ink Embossing Powder.

Baby Pink


I also used a couple of pieces of printed chipboard.

Blue Fern Studios
Garden Life - Printed Chipboard



These are the Blue Fern Studios flowers that I used:

Blue Fern Studios
Garden Florals
Blue Fern Studios
Garden Blooms
Blue Fern Studios
Happy Roses




Blue Fern Studios Products used:

Garden Life paper - In Bloom
Flower Medley chipboard
Bohemian Flowers chipboard
Garden Life - printed chipboard
Imagine Ink Embossing Powder - Sunlight Rose
Imagine Ink Embossing Powder - Baby Pink
Happy Roses
Garden Blooms
Garden Florals





Thank you so much for taking a look!


I'll be back next Wednesday with my final layout for Blue Fern Studios!


Saturday, 15 July 2017

Stroller

My son, Evan, in 2000



For this layout I used Maja Design paper from their Denim and Friends collection.


Maja Design - Denim and Friends
Leather (backside)
Maja Design - Denim and Friends
Jeans & Shirt
Maja Design - Denim and Friends 
Blazer(backside)
Maja Design - Denim and Friends
Sunbleached (backside)
Maja Design - Denim and Friends
Paisley (backside)




These are the punch and dies I used:


Martha Stewart
Gothic Lace
Spellbinders
Locking Loops
Cheery Lynn Designs
Horizon Rectangle




I did some machine stitching along the punched border and shaded around the edges and corners of the layout with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink using a Clarity stencil brush.






These are the chipboard pieces I used:


Dusty Attic
Leafy Flourish #2
Dusty Attic
Elegant Swirl #3
Dusty Attic
Fancy Trim #5
Dusty Attic
Mini Corner #1



I primed all the large chipboard pieces with clear gesso then applied Dreamweaver crackle paste.

I misted the Fancy Trim with Arctic Blue Glimmer Mist, rubbed a bit of white paint overtop,  inked it with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and misted it with water.




I rubbed the Leafy Flourish and Elegant Swirl with the Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and misted them with water to make the ink spread out.







I painted the Mini Corners white, misted with Arctic Blue Glimmer Mist and inked around the edges in brown.





The teddy bear was made with a mold and Sculpey Ultra Light, then painted.  I started with a light brown basecoat, applied a glaze made from dark brown paint and soft matte gel, wiping off the excess, then dry-brushed a pale yellow-brown on top. I used a fine tip brown marker to trace over the eyes and mouth.

Best Flexible Molds
Teddy Bear Picnic







Thank you so much for taking a look!